Tottenham vs. Liverpool: How to watch English Premier League online, TV channel, live stream info, start time
What is the match about?
Tottenham and Liverpool are two of the most exciting and competitive teams in the English Premier League, and they will face each other on Saturday, September 30, 2023, at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London. The match is expected to be a thrilling encounter between two sides that are unbeaten in the league so far this season, and that have a history of producing high-scoring and dramatic games.
Tottenham are currently second in the table with 14 points from six games, while Liverpool are top with 16 points from the same number of games. Both teams have scored 16 goals and conceded only four in the league, showing their attacking prowess and defensive solidity. Both teams also have star players who can make a difference on the pitch, such as Harry Kane and Son Heung-min for Tottenham, and Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane for Liverpool.
The match is also a clash between two charismatic and successful managers, who have different styles and philosophies of football. Tottenham are managed by Ange Postecoglou, who joined the club in the summer from Yokohama F. Marinos in Japan. Postecoglou is known for his aggressive and high-pressing approach, which has transformed Tottenham into a dynamic and entertaining team. Liverpool are managed by Jurgen Klopp, who has been at the club since 2015 and has led them to several trophies, including the Champions League and the Premier League. Klopp is famous for his passionate and energetic personality, as well as his “gegenpressing” system, which involves intense pressing and quick transitions.
The match is also important for both teams’ ambitions and confidence for the rest of the season, as they aim to challenge for the title and other trophies. A win for Tottenham would put them level on points with Liverpool at the top of the table, and boost their morale after their impressive draw with Arsenal in the North London derby last week. A win for Liverpool would extend their lead at the top of the table, and maintain their momentum after their convincing win over West Ham United last week.
How to watch Tottenham vs. Liverpool online or on TV?
The match will kick off at 5:30 p.m. BST (12:30 p.m. ET) on Saturday, September 30, 2023. Here are some of the ways you can watch the match online or on TV across different regions:
- In the UK: The match will be shown live on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Premier League, with build-up only being shown on the latter from 5 p.m. If you’re not a Sky customer you can grab a NOW TV Day Pass here to watch without a subscription.
- In the US: The match will be broadcast live on USA Network and Universo, with coverage starting from 12 p.m. ET. You can also stream the match online via Fubo, NBC app/website, Telemundo Deportes En Vivo, or Universo NOW.
- In Canada: The match will not be shown on TV in Canada, but you can stream it online via Fubo Canada, which offers access to all Premier League games.
- In Australia: The match will not be shown on TV in Australia, but you can stream it online via Optus Sport, which has exclusive rights to all Premier League games.
- In India: The match will be shown live on Star Sports Asia 2 and 3, Star Sports Select 1, with coverage starting from 9:30 p.m. IST. You can also stream the match online via Disney+ Hotstar, which requires a subscription.
What are the expected lineups and injury news?
Here are the expected lineups for both teams based on their previous games and injury news:
Tottenham (4-2-3-1): Lloris; Emerson, Romero, Dier, Reguilon; Hojbjerg, Ndombele; Lucas Moura, Alli, Son; Kane.
Liverpool (4-3-3): Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson; Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago; Salah, Jota, Mane.
Tottenham have no major injury concerns ahead of the match, with only Ryan Sessegnon doubtful with a hamstring problem. Liverpool have some issues in midfield, with Harvey Elliott out for several months with an ankle injury, Naby Keita recovering from a hamstring injury, and Curtis Jones doubtful with an eye injury. James Milner is also a doubt with a calf injury.