Hopkins County Civic Center: A Multi-Purpose Facility for All Occasions
The Hopkins County Civic Center is a versatile and spacious venue that can host a variety of events and activities for the community. Located in Sulphur Springs, Texas, the Civic Center offers small-town charm and big-city amenities, attracting visitors from near and far. Whether you are looking for a place to celebrate, attend, or support an event, the Civic Center has something for everyone.
Features and Facilities
The Civic Center has a total area of three acres under one roof, with different sections that can accommodate different needs and preferences. Some of the features and facilities include:
- Meeting and Banquet Rooms: The Civic Center has up to 7,500 square feet of meeting and banquet space, with movable walls that can create as many as four separate rooms starting at 1,000 square feet. The rooms are equipped with audio-visual equipment, tables, chairs, and catering services. The rooms are suitable for conferences, seminars, workshops, weddings, parties, reunions, and more.
- Coliseum: The Coliseum is an ideal livestock facility with an elevated sale ring, in-house sound system, and plenty of Priefert panels for dozens of pens. The Coliseum has over 2,500 comfortable bleacher seats with backrests for spectators. The Coliseum hosts three major rodeo events each year, as well as cutting horse and livestock shows, and other agriculture-related events.
- Livestock Pavilion: The Livestock Pavilion is a 40,000 square foot arena that can accommodate up to 300 stalls for equine events. The Pavilion is open and ready to be booked for horse shows, clinics, barrel races, roping events, and more. The Pavilion has restrooms, showers, wash racks, and concession stands for the convenience of the participants and guests.
- Theatre: The Theatre is a 1,500-seat auditorium that is fully equipped to handle almost any stage production. The Theatre has a professional sound and lighting system, a large stage with curtains and backdrops, dressing rooms, and a lobby area. The Theatre has hosted high school plays, musicals, concerts, comedians, magicians, and more. Some of the notable performers that have graced the Theatre include Reba McEntire, Garth Brooks, Alan Jackson, Tracy Lawrence, Tanya Tucker, Lee Greenwood, and the Northeast Texas Symphony.
Events and Activities
The Civic Center is a hub of entertainment and culture in Hopkins County. There is always something to celebrate or attend at the Civic Center. Some of the events and activities that take place at the Civic Center include:
- North East Texas Choral Society: The North East Texas Choral Society is a group of singers from all walks of life who share a passion for music. The Choral Society performs two major concerts per year: a Christmas concert in December and a spring concert in May. Each concert consists of a Saturday evening and a Sunday afternoon performance. The Choral Society also hosts a Cabaret event each year as a fundraiser. The Cabaret features an excellent dinner and entertainment by the Choral Society members.
- Hopkins County Fall Festival: The Hopkins County Fall Festival is an annual celebration of the county’s heritage and culture. The Fall Festival features carnival rides, games, food vendors, arts and crafts booths, live music, contests, parades, fireworks, and more. The Fall Festival also showcases the talents of the local youth in the Cover Girl Contest and the Talent Show.
- Hopkins County Dairy Festival: The Hopkins County Dairy Festival is an annual tribute to the dairy industry in the county. The Dairy Festival features a hot air balloon rally, a parade with floats decorated with milk cartons, a milking contest, an ice cream freeze-off contest, a dairy foods contest, a golf tournament, a 5K run/walk, a junior livestock show, and more. The Dairy Festival also crowns a Dairy Festival Queen each year from among the contestants who participate in various activities throughout the week.
Contact and Location
The Civic Center staff is available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and later by appointment. You can call them at (903) 885-8071 or visit their website for more information about their services and upcoming events. You can also follow them on Facebook for updates and announcements.
The Hopkins County Civic Center is more than just a building; it is a place where people come together to enjoy life and have fun.
Whether you are planning an event or looking for something to do in Hopkins County, the Civic Center is the ultimate destination for you. Come and see for yourself what the Civic Center has to offer. You will not be disappointed.