Essentia Mattress Review: Is It Worth the Hype?
If you are looking for a natural, organic, and comfortable mattress, you might have heard of Essentia. Essentia is a Canadian company that claims to make the world’s only natural memory foam mattresses. But are they really as good as they sound? In this blog post, I will share my personal experience with Essentia mattresses, as well as some pros and cons, and some tips on how to choose the best one for you.
My Essentia Mattress Story
I first learned about Essentia mattresses when I visited their store in Toronto. I was impressed by their showroom, which had a relaxing and inviting atmosphere. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable, and they explained to me the benefits of natural memory foam, which is made from hevea milk (rubber tree sap) and other organic ingredients. They also showed me how their mattresses are certified by various organizations, such as GOLS (Global Organic Latex Standard), GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard), and Greenguard Gold.
I decided to try out one of their mattresses, and I was amazed by how comfortable it felt. It was soft, yet supportive, and it conformed to my body shape and weight. It also felt cool and breathable, unlike some synthetic memory foam mattresses that can trap heat and moisture. I was so impressed that I decided to buy one for myself.
I chose the Energie Opus model, which is one of their most popular and versatile mattresses. It has a medium-firm feel, which is suitable for most sleepers and positions. It also has a 3-inch layer of natural memory foam on top of a 5-inch layer of natural support foam. The cover is made from organic cotton and has a zipper for easy removal and washing.
I have been sleeping on my Essentia mattress for over a year now, and I can honestly say that it is the best mattress I have ever had. It has improved my sleep quality, reduced my back pain, and helped me feel more refreshed and energized in the morning. I also love that it is eco-friendly, hypoallergenic, and durable. It does not sag, lose its shape, or emit any unpleasant odors.
Pros and Cons of Essentia Mattresses
Of course, no mattress is perfect, and Essentia mattresses have their own advantages and disadvantages. Here are some of the pros and cons that I have noticed:
- Natural memory foam: Essentia mattresses are made from natural memory foam, which is derived from hevea milk (rubber tree sap) and other organic ingredients. This makes them more environmentally friendly, healthier, and safer than synthetic memory foam mattresses, which can contain harmful chemicals and petroleum-based products.
- Comfort: Essentia mattresses are very comfortable, as they conform to your body shape and weight, providing optimal pressure relief and spinal alignment. They also have different firmness levels to suit your preferences and needs.
- Breathability: Essentia mattresses are breathable, as they allow air to circulate through the foam cells. This helps regulate your body temperature and prevent overheating or sweating.
- Durability: Essentia mattresses are durable, as they do not sag, lose their shape, or develop indentations over time. They also have a 20-year warranty, which is longer than most mattress brands.
- Certifications: Essentia mattresses are certified by various organizations, such as GOLS (Global Organic Latex Standard), GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard), Greenguard Gold, Oeko-Tex Standard 100, Eco Institut, Vegan Action, PETA Approved Vegan, etc. These certifications ensure that the mattresses meet high standards of quality, safety, sustainability, and ethics.
- Price: Essentia mattresses are expensive, as they range from $2,499 to $6,999 depending on the size and model. This is because they use premium materials and craftsmanship, which come at a higher cost. However, you can often find discounts or promotions on their website or in their stores.
- Weight: Essentia mattresses are heavy, as they weigh between 75 lbs to 150 lbs depending on the size and model. This can make them difficult to move or transport without assistance.
- Smell: Essentia mattresses may have a slight natural smell when they are new, due to the hevea milk (rubber tree sap) used in the foam. This smell is not harmful or toxic, but some people may find it unpleasant or bothersome. However, the smell usually fades away within a few weeks of airing out the mattress.
- Availability: Essentia mattresses are not widely available in physical stores or online retailers, as they are sold exclusively through their own websites or their own stores. This can limit your options and convenience, especially if you want to try the mattress before buying it.
How to Choose the Best Essentia Mattress for You
If you are interested in buying an Essentia mattress, you might be wondering how to choose the best one for you. Here are some factors to consider:
- Your sleeping position: Essentia mattresses have different firmness levels, which can affect how comfortable they are for different sleeping positions. Generally, side sleepers prefer softer mattresses, back sleepers prefer medium-firm mattresses and stomach sleepers prefer firmer mattresses. However, this is not a rule, and you should choose the firmness level that feels best for you.
- Your body weight: Essentia mattresses have different support levels, which can affect how well they support your body weight. Generally, heavier sleepers need more support, while lighter sleepers need less support. Essentia mattresses have a weight limit of 300 lbs per person, which is higher than most mattress brands.
- Your budget: Essentia mattresses have different prices, which can affect how affordable they are for you. Generally, the more expensive models have more features, such as thicker layers of natural memory foam, organic wool batting, or adjustable bases. However, you should choose the model that fits your budget and offers the best value for your money.
- Your preferences: Essentia mattresses have different designs, which can affect how appealing they are for you. For example, some models have a pillow top layer, which adds extra cushioning and softness. Some models have a zipper cover, which allows you to remove and wash the cover. Some models have a split design, which allows you to customize the firmness level of each side of the mattress. You should choose the model that matches your preferences and needs.
Essentia mattresses are natural, organic, and comfortable mattresses that offer many benefits for your health, comfort, and environment. They are made from natural memory foam, which is derived from hevea milk (rubber tree sap) and other organic ingredients. They are also certified by various organizations, such as GOLS (Global Organic Latex Standard), GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard), Greengard Gold, etc.
However, Essentia mattresses also have some drawbacks, such as their high price, heavyweight, slight smell, and limited availability. You should weigh the pros and cons carefully before deciding to buy one. You should also consider your sleeping position, body weight, budget, and preferences when choosing the best model for you.
I hope this blog post has helped you learn more about Essentia mattresses and whether they are worth the hype. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below. Thank you for reading! 😊