Dreamville Festival: Everything You Need to Know
Dreamville Festival is a two-day music festival that celebrates the culture and creativity of hip-hop and R&B. The festival is organized by Dreamville Records, the label founded by Grammy-winning rapper J. Cole, and features some of the biggest names in the industry, as well as emerging artists and local talent. The festival also offers attractions and activities for fans of all ages, such as carnival rides, art installations, food trucks, and community organizations. The festival aims to provide a positive and inspiring experience for the attendees, as well as to support various social causes and initiatives.
When and Where is Dreamville Festival?
Dreamville Festival will take place on April 6 and 7, 2024, at Dorothea Dix Park in Raleigh, North Carolina. This is the fourth edition of the festival, which was first held in 2019, and then postponed in 2020 and 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The festival will return to the same venue, which is the largest public park in Raleigh, and can accommodate up to 40,000 people. The festival will start at 12 p.m. and end at 11 p.m. on both days.
Who is Performing at Dreamville Festival?
Dreamville Festival has announced a stellar lineup of performers for 2024, headlined by J. Cole and special guest Drake on Sunday night, and Usher on Saturday night. J. Cole is the founder and leader of Dreamville Records, and one of the most acclaimed and influential rappers of his generation.
He has released six studio albums, all of which have topped the Billboard 200 chart, and has won two Grammy Awards, among other accolades. Drake is the most-streamed artist of all time, and has dominated the music industry with his hit songs, albums, and collaborations.
He has won four Grammy Awards, and holds several records on the Billboard charts. Usher is a legendary R&B singer, songwriter, and dancer, who has sold over 80 million records worldwide, and has won eight Grammy Awards. He is known for his iconic songs, such as “Yeah!”, “Burn”, and “OMG”.
In addition to the headliners, the festival will also feature performances by some of the most popular and talented artists in the hip-hop and R&B scene, such as:
- Summer Walker, the soulful singer and songwriter, who has won a Soul Train Music Award and a BET Award, and has released two platinum albums, Over It and Still Over It.
- J.I.D, the lyrical rapper and Dreamville signee, who has received critical acclaim for his albums, The Never Story and DiCaprio 2, and has collaborated with artists like J. Cole, Kendrick Lamar, and 6LACK.
- Ari Lennox, the neo-soul singer and Dreamville’s first female artist, who has won a Soul Train Music Award and a BET Award, and has released her debut album, Shea Butter Baby, and her EP, If You Want It.
- Burna Boy, the Nigerian superstar and Afro-fusion pioneer, who has won a Grammy Award and a BET Award, and has released five studio albums, including African Giant and Twice as Tall.
- 21 Savage, the Atlanta-based rapper and record producer, who has won two Grammy Awards and a Billboard Music Award, and has released four studio albums, including Savage Mode II and I Am > I Was.
- Lil Baby, the Atlanta-based rapper and record executive, who has won a Grammy Award and two BET Awards, and has released four studio albums, including My Turn and The Voice of the Heroes.
- Doja Cat, the Los Angeles-based singer, rapper, and songwriter, who has won two American Music Awards and a MTV Video Music Award, and has released three studio albums, including Hot Pink and Planet Her.
The festival will also showcase some of the rising stars and local talent in the music industry, such as:
- Cozz, the Los Angeles-based rapper and Dreamville signee, who has released two studio albums, Cozz & Effect and Effected, and has collaborated with artists like J. Cole, Kendrick Lamar, and Bas.
- EarthGang, the Atlanta-based rap duo and Dreamville signees, who have released three studio albums, including Mirrorland and Ghetto Gods, and have collaborated with artists like J. Cole, Young Thug, and Ari Lennox.
- Lute, the Charlotte-based rapper and Dreamville signee, who has released two studio albums, West 1996 Pt. 2 and Gold Mouf, and has collaborated with artists like J. Cole, DaBaby, and Saba.
- Omen, the Chicago-based rapper and Dreamville signee, who has released two studio albums, Afraid of Heights and Elephant Eyes, and has collaborated with artists like J. Cole, Kendrick Lamar, and Ari Lennox.
- Bas, the Queens-based rapper and Dreamville signee, who has released four studio albums, including Milky Way and Spilled Milk, and has collaborated with artists like J. Cole, A$AP Ferg, and The Hics.
- Rapsody, the North Carolina-based rapper and record producer, who has received two Grammy nominations and a BET Award, and has released four studio albums, including Laila’s Wisdom and Eve.
- Mez, the Raleigh-based rapper and record producer, who has received a Grammy nomination and a BET Award, and has released two studio albums, including Data Plan .002 and King’s Khrysis.
The full lineup and schedule of the festival will be announced at the beginning of next year.
How to Buy Tickets for Dreamville Festival?
Tickets for Dreamville Festival are available online through the official website of the festival, dreamvillefest.com. The tickets are sold in different tiers and categories, such as:
- General Admission: This is the basic ticket that gives access to the festival grounds, the main stage, and the secondary stage. The price of the ticket varies depending on the tier and the availability. The current price for a two-day general admission ticket is $199, plus fees and taxes.
- VIP: This is the premium ticket that gives access to the festival grounds, the main stage, the secondary stage, and the VIP areas. The VIP areas include a VIP lounge, a VIP viewing area, a VIP bar, a VIP restroom, and a VIP entrance. The price of the ticket varies depending on the tier and the availability. The current price for a two-day VIP ticket is $399, plus fees and taxes.
- Super VIP: This is the ultimate ticket that gives access to the festival grounds, the main stage, the secondary stage, the VIP areas, and the Super VIP areas. The Super VIP areas include a Super VIP lounge, a Super VIP viewing area, a Super VIP bar, a Super VIP restroom, a Super VIP entrance, and a Super VIP parking. The price of the ticket varies depending on the tier and the availability. The current price for a two-day Super VIP ticket is $799, plus fees and taxes.
The festival also offers payment plans and group discounts for the tickets. The payment plans allow the buyers to pay for the tickets in installments, with a 10% down payment and a 10% service fee. The group discounts allow the buyers to save up to 10% on the tickets when they buy four or more tickets together.
The festival also offers a chance to win the ultimate VIP experience for Dreamville Festival 2024 before the tickets even go on sale. The buyers can enter the sweepstakes by signing up for the festival’s e-newsletter or SMS text updates. The prizes include:
- Grand Prize: Two Super VIP tickets, two round-trip flights to Raleigh, two nights hotel accommodation, two Dreamville merch packs, and a meet and greet with J. Cole.
- First Prize: Two VIP tickets, two Dreamville merch packs, and a meet and greet with J. Cole.
- Second Prize: Two General Admission tickets and two Dreamville merch packs.
The sweepstakes will end on November 30, 2023, and the winners will be announced on December 1, 2023.
What to Expect at Dreamville Festival?
Dreamville Festival is more than just a music festival. It is a celebration of the culture and creativity of hip-hop and R&B, and a platform for social change and empowerment. The festival offers a variety of attractions and activities for the attendees, such as:
- Carnival Rides: The festival features several carnival rides, such as a Ferris wheel, a carousel, a swing ride, and a bumper car, that add fun and excitement to the festival experience.
- Art Installations: The festival showcases several art installations, such as murals, sculptures, and interactive exhibits, that reflect the theme and vision of the festival, and create a colorful and immersive atmosphere.
- Food Trucks: The festival offers a wide range of food options, from local delicacies to international cuisines, that cater to different tastes and preferences. The festival also features a vegan and vegetarian section, and a gluten-free section, for the health-conscious attendees.
- Community Organizations: The festival partners with various community organizations, such as the Dreamville Foundation, the Dix Park Conservancy, the Raleigh Arts, and the Wake County Public Schools, that promote education, arts, and social justice. The festival also supports various causes and initiatives, such as voter registration, environmental sustainability, and mental health awareness.
Dreamville Festival is a unique and memorable experience that brings together music, art, and social impact. The festival is a must-attend event for the fans of hip-hop and R&B, and for anyone who wants to enjoy a positive and inspiring weekend.